Have you heard about this event?
I just found out about it and wanted to share it with you!
The Worldwide Photowalk is an event organized by Scott Kelby, where groups of photographers (from beginners to advanced, with all types of cameras) meet in several cities around the globe. They take pictures for a couple of hours, then everyone ends up in a restaurant to share their experiences, techniques and photos.
The official dates for 2011 are the 1st and 2nd of October.
Here are some European countries/cities that are going to join the event:
- France: Clermont-Ferrand, Grenoble, Paris
- Germany: Braunschweig, München, Stuttgart
- Italy: Bologna, Firenze, Livorno
- Portugal: Albergaria-a-Velha, Covilhã, Lisboa
- Spain: Bilbao, Madrid, Sevilla
- Switzerland: Genève, Lausanne, Zurich
- The Netherlands: Amsterdam, Helmond, Rotterdam
- U.K.: Chester, London (Camden Town), Oxford
You can search more cities and information in the Worldwide Photowalk site.
This event is FREE and a great way to meet other passionate people for photography and share experiences. If you want to you can also participate in the Photo Walk Contest and be able to win great prizes!
(Check out the 2010 winning photos here)
I’m definitely going to attend!